Online Mini Trainings
THEME: CHATURANGA AND PLANK POSE
New mini training posted the first two Wednesdays of the month. Make sure to watch this space each week as this content will be taken down at the end of the month and you won’t want to miss it!
In this short video by Sadie Nardini (anatomy nerd who specializes in safety and leads trainings all over the world) you will:
- Learn how to take a vinyasa with less stress in the shoulder joint.
- Learn a knees down transition from updog to downdog, which, for some, will be easier on the back.
Pam’s two cents:
- I took a workshop with Sadie Nardini years ago. Sadie was the first instructor I started following on YouTube and I learned quite a bit from her. She’s very unique and original!
- She explains why she feels elbows over wrists is important. However, for a different perspective, you can read why some may want consider less than a 90 degree angle at the elbow joint when practicing chaturanga. (Psst: has to do with achy wrist)
- I would personally cue a little differently for the breathing. But like with everything else, experiment a little and notice what FEELS good for your unique body.
What you will learn:
- How to use a strap and two blocks to practice chaturanga.
- You may have seen variations like this before, but a reminder is always nice. I’ve been using variations like this all month (it is my theme!) and I already notice a difference in my students alignment…and so do they! You can see more variations on my instagram page.